The Franklin Firefighters Local 2637 and Professional Fire Fighters of Massachusetts have endorsed Jeffrey Roy in his State Representative race for the 10th Norfolk District (Franklin and Medway). In his letter announcing the local endorsement, Franklin Union President, Brian Hamann, stated: “The Professional Firefighters of Franklin feel very fortunate to have a friend of your stature representing the 10th Norfolk district. Since your election in 2012 you have stood by our side through triumph and tragedy. Your unwavering commitment to the fire service and our members has been evident.”
In announcing the state level endorsement, PFFM President Richard D. MacKinnon Jr. stated: “During your career as an elected official, you have prioritized the relationships you hold with the firefighters of your district. You understand our issues and are an effective advocate for us on Beacon Hill. We look forward to your next term in office and continued leadership for firefighters.”
“I am absolutely thrilled to receive the support and endorsement from these public safety professionals,” noted Roy. “Public safety and having the backs of those who put their lives on the line for us has been a priority for me since I first took office. And I have learned a lot from the engagement, training, and feedback I receive regularly from these professionals. We have built a strong and lasting partnership to make Massachusetts and our communities great and safe places to live, work, and raise a family.”
In addition to the firefighters, Roy has been endorsed by Maura Healey, the MASSACHUSETTS AFL-CIO, the Environmental League of Massachusetts Action Fund, the Sierra Club, the Massachusetts Nurses Association, and SEIU Local 509. He has also been endorsed by Thomas Mercer, Franklin Town Council Chair; Robert Dellorco, Franklin Town Council Vice-Chair; Glenn Jones, Franklin Town Council Clerk; and Franklin Town Councilors Deborah Pellegri, Melanie Hamlin, Cobi Frongillo, Ted Cormier-Leger, and Patrick Sheridan.
Roy is seeking re-election the State Representative for Franklin and Medway. In 2021 he was appointed Chairperson of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities & Energy and is the House-Chair of the Manufacturing Caucus which promotes and encourages “Making It” in Massachusetts.
Since 2013 Jeff has been part of a legislative team that has addressed the issues of education, economic development, the coronavirus pandemic, health care, substance use disorder, criminal justice, civil rights and social equity, gun safety, climate change, energy, and the environment. In addition, he led efforts to:
- Draft and pass the clean energy and offshore wind bill in 2022;
- Draft and pass the Genocide Education Act in 2021;
- Finalize the Roadmap Bill on climate change in 2021;
- Draft and pass legislation on Step Therapy and Patient Safety in 2022;
- Draft and pass legislation relative to sexual violence on higher education campuses in 2021;
- Draft and pass legislation increasing transparency and financial reporting requirements for higher education institutions in 2019;
- Draft and pass legislation that increased transparency and civic engagement by creating a searchable online database of legal notices in 2015;
- Pass legislation lowering thresholds on specialty license plates, making them available to smaller charities and causes in 2015; and
- Pass legislation to create a Regional Dispatch Center for Franklin, Norfolk, Wrentham, and Plainville in 2013.
He has also led efforts to bring millions of dollars in local aid for schools, roads, infrastructure, public safety, arts, recreation, substance use disorder, economic development, historical preservation, and food insecurity. He has also helped thousands of constituents with issues involving unemployment, health care, human services, and other matters with state agencies.
For more information on Jeffrey Roy, please visit https://jeffreyroy.com/.